Our charter members formed this congregation in 1819 and we have continuously met since that date. We like to refer to ourselves as "The Old Congregation with the New Spirit". We have a deep sense of appreciation for our past, as well as a genuine excitement about our future.
In 1950, after meeting at several location around the county, the congregation built a new building in Rincon at 306 East Fourth Street.
We are a non-denominational church seeking to restore the New Testament church of our Lord by following only Scripture. Churches of Christ do not have an earthly headquarters and our congregation is self-governing in its practice and teaching. The elders, who are selected by the local congregation, serve as the governing body. Serving under and assisting the elders are the deacons and the minister. Presently, Ritchie Dickey, Mike Stone, William Zarkadas serve as elders. Mark Rahn and Eric Harris serve as deacons. Don Davis has been our minister since 2003.